Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Women Can Go Alaska Halibut Fishing Too

Alaska Halibut Fishing------------------ Alaska Halibut Fishing

I did not apprehend what to say when my husband said to me, "Hey, do you wish to travel fishing in Alaska? I have perpetually wanted to travel Halibut fishing with you." I couldn't believe that he wanted to go Alaska Halibut fishing with me. That simply didn't appear right as a result of I am not exactly an outdoorsy type of girl. I might rather keep inside with my computer and play an electronic fishing game. But I made a decision to go.

My husband started telling me all of these casual facts concerning Halibut. He explained to me that it is within the flatfish family. When he said that, I was imaging this paper thin fish, wondering how its organs would fit in there. However I knew I used to be simply being ridiculous in my thoughts, especially when he told me that the biggest Halibut are weighed in at 500 pounds. I checked out my husband's pole and puzzled how in the globe he may go Halibut fishing in Alaska with that thing. It didn't appear as if it could handle 500 pounds. But, he did tell me that the common weight is twenty five pounds. That is actually a way cry from 500.

However, my husband determined that we visit Homer, Alaska, which is taken into account the Halibut fishing capital of the world. This is often as a result of 50 to 80 pound Halibut are common for this specific region. I asked my husband, "Can your pole handle that kind of weight" and he told me that it would. I definitely could not see how, however I took his word for it.

Alaska Halibut Fishing------------------ Alaska Halibut Fishing

Making an attempt to convince me even more, he was telling me that our catch for the day would be quite the tasty one, which I told him I wasn't going to require the responsibility of prepping the fish. That is something he said that he would do. I figured he would create me watch, though. But it absolutely was great as a result of we have a tendency to met up with a charter and the price wasn't very that bad. My husband had done research previous to our trip to make certain he found the simplest charter with the simplest boat as a result of he did not want to mar the experience for me. He figured that, if I enjoyed the expertise, I would let him get our own boat. That is something I had been objecting to for quite sometime.

However I used to be quite impressed with the entire experience. It had been relaxing and my husband and I talked regarding a heap of things, together with our want to have children. I had no plan what his views were on the subject till we have a tendency to went fishing in Alaska. I learned a heap concerning my husband that day. I also learned a ton once we actually reeled in a very sixty pound Halibut. It had been therefore massive that we tend to had to require it to a butcher to own it packaged for us to require home. That had me sighing a sigh of relief, but I should say that it was the tastiest fish I had ever had.

And currently, it appearance like next year my husband and I can go Alaska Halibut fishing with another on board.

Alaska Halibut Fishing------------------ Alaska Halibut Fishing